Press Forge Company Facilities
With over 8 acres of land at our Paramount, CA location, Press Forge has continued to expand our facilities as our customers’ needs have increased.
Our three forge shops contain 68,000 square feet of manufacturing area, and billet grinding is housed in more than 11,000 square feet of separate buildings. Maintenance, Engineering, and storage facilities comprise an additional 65,000 square feet under roof. Extensive hand grinding, dye check, and inspection facilities utilize numerous open-air structures throughout the plant.
We have the space to stock hundreds of our customers’ ingots and billets on site to facilitate a rapid turn-around of product and still have additional space for future expansions.
Press Forge is focused on open-die forging conversion. Our equipment is specifically designed to cover the widest possible range of sizes and shapes. All of our open-die presses are CNC controlled with identical software for maximum press operator flexibility.
Billet and Hand Grinding
Our Facility Contains:
- 750 ton open-die press with two 3,000 lb. rail-bound manipulators supported by five furnaces and agitated water quench.
- 1,100 ton open-die press with two 5,000 lb. rail-bound manipulators supported by three furnaces and agitated water quench.
- 1,500 ton open-die press with one 18,000 lb. rail-bound manipulator supported by four furnaces and static water quench.
- 3,000 ton open-die press with two 30,000/40,000 lb. rail-bound manipulators supported by four furnaces with up to 33 feet in work zone length and agitated/cooled water quench.
- 2,000 ton closed die press supported by two furnaces.
- Three billet grinders capable of both flat and spiral grinding in lengths to 30 feet with two automated handling stations for each unit.
- Two 20,000 lb. material chargers.
- Three mobile manipulators with up to 30,000 lb. capacity.
- One torch cutting station.
- Two metal saws.
- One red-dye in-process inspection station.
- Multiple hand grinding and inspection stations.